Monday, March 16, 2009

You WILL be blessed


When you read this book, Don't Let Me Go, by David Pierce.

This will be the first time for a book review and giveaway that I will be putting the summary in my own words. For several reasons...it is beautifully written. I became wrapped up in the father/daughter story from the author's view. And lastly, there was so much that paralleled the relationship I have with my own dad, such as their closeness, similar interests, and camaraderie. You will laugh, cry, and cry some more. You probably will want to read it again. And again. And share it with someone else. I lent my own copy to my dad as soon as I had finished it. I knew he would love it, and he did.

David Pierce has a 15-year-old adventurous daughter, Chera, who, with her spirit and determination, convinces him to conquer several mountains over the course of several years. They train with each other and alone...accomplishing things they did not even expect themselves to do. Pierce tells the tale with love and truth. You see his love for his daughter as they face some obstacles together. And as they triumph not only mountains, but other life moments as well, he is honest with his heart.

Their relationship strengthens as their physical bodies strengthen. Their hearts also strengthen in their relationship with God.

Pierce is the husband of Chonda Pierce, a comedian who I have found to be absolutely heart warming and charming. I love listening to her speak (I have only heard her from CD's though!). It is so interesting to see how much this family loves each other and uses their abilities to show God's love to others.

I am SO EXCITED to be able to give away one copy of this book. There are NO STRING ATTACHED here. I pay shipping. You get a fabulous book! Please comment and on Saturday I will draw a winner!

Here is a review from Dean Batali, television writer (That 70's Show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer):

"David Pierce's accounts of the adventurees he took with his daughter are as refreshing, funny, exhilarating to read as the actual activities were challenging and strenuous. Each chapter is its own fast-paced expedition; each page a quick step of a fantastic journey. If I'm ever on a path up a mountain with either of my daughter's-or heading anyplace else, for that matter- I hope I run into David Pierce, who can help me show the way."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great book.Thanks so much for sharing.

Stephanie B

Lauren said...

I would LOVE to read this! I am a totally book worm/nerd!

And whoever wins, don't forget to send it media mail. Should cost you a little less then 3 dollars that way!

Stefanie said...

Sounds like a good book!