Monday, May 18, 2009

Don't you hate being late?

I do. And so I felt really awful when we ended up being late for Ella's game today. We were going to be early, and then halfway there I had to turn around and get the chairs for Buddy and I to sit it (very much a necessity!). Then, we were halfway there AGAIN and I had to turn back around for Ella's ballglove! So, after we picked that up we got to the field..about 10 minutes late, and my dad was waiting for us there. I couldn't get the boys out of the car fast enough so I had him take Ella up to the field.

In the process of getting everything ready to walk up to the field to watch the game, they come back.

THEIR game is at 6:30.

Um. Yeah.

I sighed. Rolled my eyes. What an Amy thing to do....sigh....oh well!
In that next hour or so, my dad got to practice throwing with Ella and that helped her quite a bit. I got some dishes washed and put away. Rich held the baby and walked outside. Buddy got to run off energy....then everyone left but me and the baby. I ate a little bit and then we went on a 15 minute walk. It was a great time to be outside. And, nice to take advantage of the moments!

I need to up my exercise (which is almost non existant anywhoo lol)..due to some health issues, and also I am changing quite a bit in my diet. Rich says I don't do bad but I am giving up cereal....THAT IS BIG for me! I am eating oatmeal instead. I don't want to get into it all really, right now, but I inherited some things from my parents, whom I love I might add!, that are not so great for me right now and they HAVE to get better. I felt doom and gloomy about it all day, and all day yesterday. Rich encourages me and says, just wait until your thyroid gets figured out and the rest will get better...sigh...I know that is part/ most of it....

Today I went to a homeschool meet up for moms in the area who are or who are planning on homeschooling. I enjoyed meeting some new ladies. I couldn't stay there, because I had errands to run, so I am hoping that there is a get together soon again!
I am still overjoyed by our decision to homeschool...it will be a challenge but very rewarding in the end!

I feel like I am so random tonight..it's a reflection of my misconjombulated (is that even a word?) brain tonight....

I am sad over two losses...one is an elderly woman who is from our old church in New Springfield. Her husband passed away several years ago, and she has always been such a strong lady. Her family needs your prayers as they go through this time. I LOVE this family....extended members, too. They show such strong Christian faith, and have always opened their hearts and homes to all.

The next loss is a young woman from my favorite place Studio Calico. I don't know details beyond that she fell ill and couldn't get over it. So, so sad..she has children, and a husband, that need your prayers as well. Such a tragic loss. She was a sweet, sweet gal. This is tough for our little scrapbooking community since we, honestly, still only recently lost our dear friend, Aleida, in a car accident. This was this past fall...and it still hurts.

I want to grasp onto this life God has given me with a fierceness..but I know that only HE holds my life, my family's, my friends. Such a hard reminder to love everyday, forgive everyday, embrace everyday, endure everyday....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...great last paragraph...thoughtful...meaningful...helpful

LTTS