First things first! Sarah Dawn- please send me your address to amycthphoto@gmail.com so I can mail out the book you won (er..from a couple weeks ago?!)..SO SORRY ABOUT THAT! I certainly have been slow with things!
Did you dress in your "Sunday Best" as a child? My brother and I would..I remember clearly loving to dress up, especially when in High School. I think it helped my self confidence. And early in our marriage (er..rather...before babies, or at least after the first!) I liked to as well..a break from the "mommy at home" duds I donned. I try to have our children dress their best...it is a compromise these days. I honestly am not that fussy...Buddy even wears jeans sometimes. Well, all the time! Ella is so good though- she willingly wears a dress. I struggle with what to wear these days- need to start walking again (the past couple weeks I haven't been able to as much!) so I can feel thinner. I had an adjustment made to my thyroid meds a few weeks ago. saw a slight change to a thinner me, but now I don't think so, so I am disappointed. And it makes it hard to feel self confident in anything I would wear. Oh well. There's bigger fish to fry, as they say...
Will David has a very mild case of Hand/foot/mouth Disease..yeah...bummer. He has ulcers in the back of his throat and a runny nose. No rash or fever to speak of. He had been pulling at his ears all week, and so that is why I took him to the dr.s and had him checked out finally. No ear infection..that suprised me...but not the doctor. She guessed right away. Turns out there have been numerous visits to her office with the same thing going on. Doesn't seem like the kids have it....their immunity is good to this, as she said would probably happen, so that's good. He has been nursing sooooooo much more again, and I suppose that is because it soothes his throat. Nighttime has been certainly rough..hoping to get some better sleep SOON. I was very ragged today..very ragged indeed. Had to take a nap (or two) this afternoon when Rich came home from his Civil War event...
Speaking of which...the Nineteenth Century Acoustic Society played for a barn dance last night. Rich (and my dad!) are musicians for it, and I am very sorry I missed it. I heard it was fantastic. One of these days, I'll go, and I'll get some photographs that I have been wanting to take! Today was also a reinactment of a battle, and Rich actually got to participate as a soldier in that. Don't know how I feel about that..haha...
I do plan on making a fan page for the NCAS on Facebook someday soon. They are beginning to become quite popular. Some great musicians in that group! :)
I went to a wonderful friendly crop at my church last Monday. The next one is August 3rd and it can't come fast enough. Really. I had a hard time gearing myself up to go last week, but eventually got there (20 minutes late) but had a fabulous time. I met some great people, from our church and outside of our church. Also, they had a declicious dinner, including dessert, and I found out they do that each time they meet. Oohhhhohh....food usually gets me anymore. I think because I am nursing. LOL. I still get famished at times. Next time I hope to just take one small SC kit and a few punches, inks, whatever instead of a huge box and bagful. HA! I got three pages completed anyways! Will show them here later this week.
Our homeschool curriculum is finally going to be on its way! It's an eclectic array of materials.....I didn't go with just one company. I am most excited about the English for The Thoughtful Child program and the First Language Lesson as well...kind of classical in a way, as far as form of educating, with some great copywork (verses, poems, etc)...Ella is really excited for our school to start. I am trying to get a little spot in our basement for an optional work area for us, but it is slow going. We did get Buddy's toys in his room REALLY pared down and organized so that is a great help in his room at least. We are going to have a garage sale in a few weeks (time still undetermined) and getting all this stuff sorted, etc., is great timing.
Well, it is quite late and although I would love to share more, deeper thoughts, I cannot. For my nights are interrupted, short, but sweet too...I get to hold a little baby boy close and pray for him while he eats and sleeps. Sigh....
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Sunday Best
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 10:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
All sounds so familiar - this third one, I hate setting her down. I think I really get how fast it goes and I have a good idea I'll never have this opportunity again. Adam says I should make her sleep better at night so I can get more time to sleep and be able to sleep harder, but I just love holding her. Lots of nights I sleep with her in my arms all night and I know I shouldn't...but?
Oh and the weight/clothes...ugh. Feeling confident is most of the battle I think. I struggle with that a lot.
Ahh...but those babes - they're so worth it. I hope Will David feels better soon and that school goes well for you! I want to start working with Arielle this year and see how it goes...give me some better ideas for next when she will/should start Kgt.
Sorry for the l-o-n-g comment!
and so...the NCAS, huh? got me for a moment. Thanks for sharing Pvt. Russell this weekend...he is a valued contributor...keep holding them(your family) close.
LTTS
I remember dressing up as a kid, and loving it! I still feel so much better when I dress up now, but those days are few and far between with three kids!
Oh, how I love dressing up!!
Oh wait! haha! Actually, I hate it, always have. I've never been comfortable dressed up. I guess that's another one of those things that make me odd. Hmm...there's a post...the oddities of Kimmy;-)
I dont have kiddos yet but I love dressing up my little nieces...and I love to dress up myself in cool/ stylish way. Teehee!
Glad you have fun at the Crop. Can't wait to see your LOs.
Post a Comment