This pic is SOOC, or straight out of the camera....and I just love it. I had this post all planned, had written a couple paragraphs below already..but you know what. My heart is just not in it. I suppose it's because half of the time, I don't feel like I should blog, or don't have anything worth saying..and other times, I just am so tired, I can't think. I love to share, don't get me wrong....but sometimes I just slave over my words, and I hate that. Also, tonight I feel emotional about a desire I have and cannot discuss here. Oh well....I will just digress...and let my reader(s) finish reading this post like I originally planned.
Okay...
So far, Ella's team, The Elks, have won 3, lost 2. YAY! She had quite the fan club tonight....it included her mom and dad, both brothers, my dad, and my grandma. That was such a neat thing to have for her...and we all had so much fun. Afterwards, Rich took the kids and I to Dairy King for ice cream. I am the oddball of the family- I LOVE sugarcones. Butter pecan for me, then strawberry/vanilla twist for Ella, chocolate for Buddy, and peach yogurt for Rich. Yummy...even the baby joined in with several bites of the peach yogurt. I know one thing for sure- I'll be pushing for a quick return!
Tomorrow is the last day for the homeschool week! I can't believe it's the end of another week. We've done lots this week- even sneaked in a short trip to Panera's, Ella and I, Wednesday, after we dropped Philip off at preschool. We worked on school stuff, of course, while there, but wow..the chicken noodle soup (wish it's had been brocolli cheese!) and hot cocoa was delish and took my mind away from schooling for a short while. ;0 Ella wants to go without the baby next time, although, really, he did great. Not sure where to put the babe next time!
I love watching Ella write....she has beautiful handwriting. We aren't learning cursive yet...I'm wanting her to really learn manuscript first and also have some spelling 101. I loved seeing her create a little work of art today. I was encouraged by seeing her write a cute little letter to her cousin, Sydney. She misspelled only one word, and although she forgot punctuation, she created this special, special letter of love and friendship. Tomorrow, I need to revisit math...it's sometimes been a subject of stress. She is practicing her piano each day...and her lessons are being given by a wonderful teacher from our church. We had an unspoken blessing- MAJOR blessing- concerning those lessons....and what a sigh of relief and a release from stress.
As we approach the weekend, we have lots going on, both Rich and I. Tomorrow, Great Grandma is going to teach Ella a little embroidery...should be grand.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Yeah! Another soccer win!
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 7:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Thanks again for the book, I can't wait to get and read them. It's Fall season, mostly just staying home on the weekends now...resting. Your books will keep me company. And!! I have good news to share soon to you and all my SC pals. When it's time, I will disclose it. :-)
Post a Comment