Saturday, February 24, 2007

What kind of inspiration is there

for someone who desperately needed inspiration? What I mean is, that when you are in dire need of inspiration, you need a lot. And only in God's timing did it come for me two days ago. I was about ready to just throw in the towel with some aspects of my creativity (meaning photography) becuase of my health, mentally and physically, but THEN...

I came across an award winning photopgrapher and her beautiful website and her style spoke so much to me. I connected with what she was saying about her "art" and I know that is how I want to take my photography now. It'll take more persistance, because I am defining what I do, rather than what people want me to do. I am going to show MY style to clients, and if that is not what they want, they can find someone else. Rather than being something that would dishearten me, as usually it happens when I see someone else's photography going well (the human nature thing), it inspired me to no end. And now I know, you CAN be that good. That good of a photographer that your photographs speak emotions to a person. And have the confidence to do it.

I have lots more to learn, especially in post processing, but now I feel I have the right path again. And that God will lead me on!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree!

Elizabeth said...

I am so happy to hear this. You are so very talented and have so much to offer to others. You photography is beautiful and I believe to reflects who you are.

Sweet Peripety said...

Thank you for your encouragement, Dawn and Beth!

Anonymous said...

Right on with this one...

LTTS

Sam said...

Amy, you should check out the photo blogs I link to. One is called Faye's Photos. She gets a lot of readers from around the world. Another is the theory room. He has a link to a bunch of great photo blogs including his own. Check them out!

I'm not a photographer, always wanted to be, but definitely not one. But I absolutely love looking at other's amazing work.