Well (LOL), a couple of weeks ago I submitted a storyline for a friend's blog challenge. Whichover story was chosen, her very talented writer friend would create a story. Now, I hope not to take away from that upcoming story (my storyline was chosen), but this was too interesting today to pass up blogging.
Here is my storyline:
Fantasy: In the middle of a town, there is a glass well, and steps that wrap all around the well. Inside the well is a small wooden whistle that falls from the top, slowly, towards the bottom. It disappears and then reappears at the top, and falls down again.
No one has been able to touch it, or take it out of the well. No one knows, or remembers, what the whistle does. Except one.
And then, today, the guest speaker used this prayer from, if I remember correctly, a pilgrim, therefore, it's date written is not merely this century.
Here is his quote, which flooded meaning into my little made up storyline.
My mind is a bucket without a bottom. With no spiritual understanding, no desire for the Lord's Day. Ever learning, but never reaching the truth. Always at the Gospel well, but never holding water. Give me a broken heart, filled with your Spirit that carries home the water of grace.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
What is a well
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 4:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
HI there,
As I read this today, I reflected on serveral conversations and experiences at a Civil War Reenactment at which I was a Field Hospital Chaplain. People are looking, searching, and often do not know what they ARE REALLY looking for. Good (or God) confirmation.
LTTS
Post a Comment