Friday, September 07, 2007

I got to be on the radio this morning

I've only done that two other times (both for WCRF during Midday Connection) but today was on 570 with Dan Rivers. LOL.

I happened to be on my way to the mall with my children in the car, listening to 570 because that's really all I can handle listening too (I don't care for radio music much) in my DH's car I drive now because it has air that works in it. So, Dan Rivers brought up the topic of the woman that left her child in the car...I called and since I was a first time caller, I got on first.

He wanted opinions on if she should've been charged.

I won't go on to say what I said too much, but in a nutshell, what in the world would it do to put her in jail. Just a thought. She has another child who needs her, but not at this point, I am not so sure she could do it. Another caller said if society doesn't punish her, she will do it herself, and maybe take the other child with her, and that is very true. A very distressing thought. I have been mentally challenged on occassion and honestly VERY HONESTLY, would think that On a BAD, VERY BAD stressful not feel good day, God forbid, something like that could happnen. It's unimaginable, but accidents happen.

Just this week, someone accidentally fatally hit a pedestrian, at night. That driver could have been anyone..the person was in the middle of the street.

What CAN we do to stop this on going trend of children being left in cars. It is completely awful.

Dan Rivers told me to call again when the kids allow.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Aww Man. I listen to 570 at work sometimes, and of course one of the times I don't listen someone I know is on.

Anonymous said...

Wow...way to go (wtg?) I've never done that yet. Good for you.
LTTS

Sam said...

I take one week off work and away from the radio, and my friends get on the air.

You made great points. As usual.