Tuesday, November 27, 2007

With the holidays

I am always reminded of the day-by-day living that I personally need to do. Today, for instance, making hot chocolate for the kids..even if it was before bedtime.

Working on a simple bracelet on my grandmother's sewing machine.

Talking to a friend on the phone....who called me (thanks JEN!)....lifting me up when I needed it.

Finding out the influence you had on somebody...so that she could go couponing and save money.

Knowing that your parents smile at your children. Because they are grandparents.

Knowing that your grandparents' smile even more at your children. ;-) Because they are great grandparents.

Having a headache, but knowing it will go away when I fall asleep.

Reading a good book.

Realizing you just aren't super mom..and it's okay.

Understanding God's Word..daily..and desiring it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great words!! Read the blog from the "bottom up" !!
LTTS

Anonymous said...

As always you see so much when I'm blind to what is right in front of me. Perhaps you have some of the "vision" that Shaun was talking about in Sunday school.

I see the right her, right now and what's smacking me in the face, you see much deeper and farther.

Thank you for reminding me to enjoy today and quit fretting about what all I have to do.

Jennifer

Eliza Osborn said...

This is a very good post, Amy.

Sam said...

You lose your headaches when you sleep too? So do I. But only at night. If I try to take a nap while I have a headache it makes them worse.