Should I keep up with photography only? Revamp my store to photography items (ie cards, etc)? I really would like to do scrapbooking for me only...well, I mean our family...
Thinking that the photography should be first, as far as creative outlets, though it seems winter makes you feel real out of it in this region of the US. So dreary. And dull. And it is difficult to travel, find babysitters for kids, place very inconsistent orders...with photography.
Just praying and praying and praying some more...
I want God first, family next, and maybe a bit of me time. Not sure if even keeping up with anything I am committed to is a good idea. **SIGH*** Now is the time to keep on being steady and listen to that still small Voice.
This past week I didn't even get to do my grocery gaming (coupon shopping, that is). Now, after really thinking that I need to cook better meals (we're kind of in a rut here) I am not sure if all that couponing would work with how I can operate as far as planning better meals. I think its the constraints, being put into something that requires me to do something whether or not I want to. Well, I sure didn't really WANT to do any grocery shopping this week, but it was hard to admit that, and then feel "behind" on my grocery gaming list...see..another thing that puts these limits and expectations on ya.
As far as scrapbooking- I have felt in love with that aspect once more because OF my photography....and if I don't photograph, well...the scrapbooking would probably be nonexistant. I like to scrapbook my better photos (is this bad?) and not my very very candid, shots- not that is wrong or not the best thing- it's just me.
Photography though, well, it can be hard. The coming in of funds does not compare to the amount of work you do. I would have to revamp how people would place orders. Take a certain amount of work only. Get my large format photo printer hooked up for proofs. And my own scrapbooking.
Stop thinking I have to have a coupon for everything- sit down once a week, and organize a small list of extras I can use to lift up the nature of my cooking. I hate to bake, so it is cooking for me.
Submit my photos to a couple of places for publishing. I got one published...wonder if it can happen again.
Make sure that photography continues to be what it started out for me, A Ministry. Do photography for those that need it. Be encouraged no matter what the feedback you get. Do photography how I am comfortable in it. Figure out creative advertising.
Thoughts and more thoughts...
Friday, February 08, 2008
Trying to decide if another corner should be rounded...
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 7:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
No wonder you can't sleep, with all that on your mind. LOL!! I'll be praying for you to find peace with all of this.
Jennifer
Wow....I have never FELT a post like that before. Girl...with all you are struggling with, with the all the unanswered answers; you are on the right track. You know where your heart lies and what is sounds like to me is you need a little bit of prioritizing and give-and-take in your life.
I am a lot like you but opposite. I want to get better in drawing and feel like I am putting my scrapbooking on the back burner. It's tough. Especially when I'm not sure if people really GET my art ya know?
As far as what and how to scrap...you are not wrong in ANY way you do it. I know the whole 'life art' way of doing it can seem like the rule but the most important thing is to go with the flow. Repetition is ok. Scrapping only the good shots is ok. It's alright no matter which paths you take. As long as your enjoying yourself ^----^
It's good your trying to get to the nitty gritty of it all. It's a start and I am praying along side you that you get your groove soon honey!
Thanks for leaving your love over at my place :)
Your photography IS breathtaking.
-Karla
I will add you to my prayers! I am glad you want to scrap for you -it's the best kind of therapy, in my opinion! Even if the pictures or layout aren't perfect, you've made something beautiful and your family will treasure the gift. Please take care!
Post a Comment