Here are a few books that I have recently read. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed them, and am able to share a copy of each with three of my blog readers. Please leave a comment, and I will draw names Friday evening. Enjoy!
Author: Dr. Gary Chapman

In his book Love As a Way of Life, best-selling author Gary Chapman shows readers how to cultivate a new lifestyle built around the seven characteristics of authentic love. Now in a companion devotional, he provides ninety inspirational readings to help Christians consistently live out the characteristics of love in every relationship.
Each devotional entry showcases biblical truths that guide a life of love, offering fresh insight and practical guidance in how to make love a lasting habit. Over the course of three months, readers will learn to follow God’s lead as they practice the characteristics of a loving person: kindness, patience, forgiveness, courtesy, humility, generosity, and honesty.
The Love As a Way of Life Devotional makes an ideal gift for the holidays or for any special occasion. Couples, parents, new graduates, and anyone celebrating a milestone in life will welcome this inspiring daily guide to richer, more satisfying relationships.
Book: I Do Again
Author: Cheryl and Jeff Scruggs

With their professional success and adorable twin daughters, Jeff and Cheryl Scruggs looked like the perfect couple. But their polished facade concealed a widening chasm between two people unable to connect on an intimate, soul-deep level.
After years of frustration, Cheryl’s desire for emotional fulfillment led to an affair and, finally, divorce. Yet, incredibly, seven years later, Jeff and Cheryl once again stood at the altar, promising to “love, honor, and cherish” one another. A new and vibrant love had risen out of the ashes of this family’s pain.
I Do Again details the fascinating real-life story of a couple whose relationship seemed shattered beyond all hope until a spiritual awakening led them to reconsider their definitions of “happily ever after.” A riveting account of the power of prayer and redemption, this remarkable book offers renewed hope for even the most troubled marriages—and reveals why the rewards of restoration are well worth the wait.
Book: For Couples Only Set
Author: Shaunti and Jeff Feldhahn
Each volume is based on input from more than a thousand members of the opposite sex—including an unprecedented nationwide survey and hundreds of personal interviews. This innovative approach yields candid and surprising answers about everything you don’t “get” about your significant other—even what that person deeply wishes you knew. It also produces simple but groundbreaking awareness of how you can best love and support the one who is most important to you. [Part of me wanted to make this paragraph past tense—yielded and produced—because of the first paragraph, but that took away some of the immediacy of what the books offer. I’ll leave that up to you.]
So whether you are newly dating or have been married fifty years, get ready to know each other in a whole new way. The adventure is just beginning!








11 comments:
Well let me get the comments started...these do look especially good around Valentine's Day...Hope all are well at your house...Which book is your favorite?
here's hoping
LTTS
Great book choices here, I'm intrigued. I too would like to know your reviews, favorites!
Those look interesting Amy! I just finished Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow and it was good. I would recommend it if you're looking for another read :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Hi can I get in on the action? Love you friend,I hope you are doing well. Boy, how long do these fibro flare ups last! Jeepers mine has been over two weeks. That's why I've been incognito, but I do love ya and pray for you daily. Hope to feel better soon and catch up.
oh, in case you don't recognize my comment-it's me Jen.
Ohhh! I love books and giveaways! Sorry your number didn't get drawn in my give away, but I hope to do another one soon. So maybe you'll get another chance! Here's hoping for me. ;)
You can never learn too much about relationships - a new perspective is always good!
Glad to hear you had some time to play the piano for yourself the other day.
Thanks for the chance at the giveaway! Enjoy the rest of your week.
Love your book choices here!! I do believe I have read For couple only for a bible study. Enjoyed it tremendously!! Hope you have a grdat day!!!
These all sound like great books Amy!
Would love to win one for Valentine's Day!! Thanks for doing this!
Lisa
Looks like some good reading. What a neat program your friend has going so that you can read and give away!
Post a Comment