Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Okay Amy, It is not Thursday yet!

That is what I am telling myself right now. I have been terribly sleep deprived (teething baby is one of the culprits!) and I have been thinking, most of the day today, that it is Thursday. Oh my. Well, now I know it is NOT Thursday(but soon!).

Being sleep deprived = Not Fun

I have taken a couple of cat naps throughout the day. Philip napped a bit, because he has had this fever off and on since last night. And, the baby has had a fever too. He took a good hour nap and enabled my cat nap time. Will David has some nasty congestion, so feeding him isn't a breeze right now. Praying and hoping they both are 100% very soon.

Memorial Day was quite the busy day for us. First, it was a day that meant much to my family, since it was almost a year ago that my grandpa passed away. He was a WW2 veteran. My grandma joined us for our picnic at my parents' house...and so did my parents' neighbors, "friend" Richard and his wife, Pam. Rich had to work, so it was I, SuperMom, who juggled Ella being in the parade in the morning, going to my parents, and then going to Rich's parents for another get together. The kids lucked out with the homemade ice cream- my brother made some and then Rich's parents made some! Go figure! I actually had some too...I usually don't. I am not much of an ice cream gal anymore. It was YUMMY! I remember when my grandma and grandpa Snyder used to make ice cream. It was certainly a process, but worth it.

Ella was too cute sitting with her fellow Girl Scouts in the back of the truck, at the parade. I could tell she had fun waving at all the people. Philip, the baby, and I had some time to kill since we had to get there early. We were bored. LOL. I did not come too prepared, just with food. It was a mad rush to get out the door. But, Philip seemed content to just sit in his little chair and look up and down the street. The baby was great for me at the parade- the band playing didn't upset him at all. The funniest thing I ever saw in my life I saw that day at the parade..and here it is...



A singular motorized porta, LOL...following the truck that was the company's in the parade. Philip and I laughed and laughed...and laughed some more. A very clever idea, I may add. It certainly was "memorable!"

Okay, so how to follow that bit of information..hmm....

Nothing is coming to me naturally so here are some photographs of the day. I took photographs constantly...and probably was a sight especially as I was trying to get a decent wagon photograph of all three kids. I yelled (gruffly) at one point.."SMILE!!!!!!!!!"...you can "hear" the silent "or else" after that, can't you?! My mom overheard me and laughed at that.







My brother saved the day for Philip. Ella's cousin, Abigail, and Ella had made some signs that said Girls Only...No Buddy. Notice, not "nobody", but "No Buddy.." My poor little boy...that didn't go over so well and he did act out a bit. But, after the neighbor, Richard, brought over a little wagon for Philip (Buddy) to play with, the girls wanted to also but my brother said...No, this is just for boys. Well, the girls changed their tune after that! I tried to make the extra effort to play with him that day, and we did manage to while the other adults were still eating/talking, but it was hard, honestly..I was beat. The baby's first tooth finally cut...but the past few nights have been very restless for him and for me. I think I already wrote about that..hmm..seee????

Ella had a game today, and I did not go because of the boys, but I heard from my dad and from Rich that she did really well! She had some plays, and was throwing better. I am proud of her! She really has the athleticism about her, and I am anxious to see how all that plays out (no pun intended!).

Here's what I shall end this post with....my dad was awarded for his superb teaching skills in a big, big way! We are all so very proud of him! This week he went to Cleveland to accept a regional teacher award from the prestigious American Chemical Society. This award was chose to go to him from other nominees in TEN states! YSU and the school where he teaches, Poland, nominated him..nothing he did on his own accord. Such a well deserved tribute to my father...I LOVE YOU, DAD!

6 comments:

vtpuggirl said...

Awesome photos! Sleep deprivation is the worst, no cure but sleep. Hope you feel better.

Zorina said...

Your kiddos are sooo cute & adorable! may i borrow one or two?? i have a guest room available. teehee!

Kelly said...

Gorgeous pics!!
Congrats to your dad!!

Anonymous said...

Well, what an unfolding of good stories!! The pics are fun and reliving the weekend with your words was an added treat...thanks for your applause as well.
LTTS

*reyanna* said...

I hope they feel better soon. :(

And it sounds like your day was really fun. LOVE the photos. What doll-babies! :)

casey boyd said...

beautiful photographs of the little lovies!!