That is my sentiment of the day....it should be each day. Today it is because I feel like I actually have the time to sit and be thankful...I'm thankful for being able to begin homeschooling with Ella tomorrow...for a husband that plays music...for my children who are in our home, given to us by the Lord to raise up...for my grandmother whom I treasure and see treasuring my children...for the cooler air today...for sweet neighbors...for wonderful friends.....for health and life...for grandparents that enjoy the unique natures of Ella, Philip, and Will David..for parents that still invest their hearts, time, and energy in me...for a church that is strong in its faith and preaches without reservations....for the absolute beauty of a minute...the minutes in an hour...the hours in a day...for the absolute beauty of the air we breathe...and being able to breathe! I see more and more each day of God's handiwork. Partly, I believe, is my own faith growing, but also having my children here to remind me...and life experiences. As we are beginning homeschooling, I see everything I am to say to my Ella-girl as an opportunity to plant good solid seeds in her heart and mind of God's goodness. I pray for that knowledge to stay strong and pure in her! I also pray for my Buddy as he starts preschool a week from tomorrow...he will begin a wonderful adventure in a new class with new people. I need to trust in the Lord that He will take care of him, the few hours each day he is gone from me.
The blessings are abundant...and I can say this even in trial..sadness or pain...not to boast, but to show that God's love proves over and over that it gives us life. This neck pain, and for that matter, the other body pain I have, that I've had for the good part of last week is somewhat crippling to my daily tasks of being a mom to three and wife to Rich but it is a reminder that God can move past MY hurt and do great things through me I wouldn't have guessed. Maybe it seems like I'm "preaching" today...I'm not trying to do so. Honestly, just reminding myself what it is to truly be a child of God and to put my trust in Him for ALL THINGS.
As you approach this week, I hope that you will let the Lord work through you, guide you, and encourage you. I know He can, and He will!
We are preparing for a first great week of homeschooling! I am resting my body today to try to get rid of awful pain stemming from my fibromyalgia but worsened by trying to get the basement rid up so we could have a small part of it for homeschooling if we so desire. It's been tough- getting little sleep silly because of baby teething and having to take pain meds and get ice packs for a "feels'like'it's'been'hammered'neck." God has gotten me through...my spirit is quiet and willing...and I know he will provide for me what I need this week!
I will say that these two older children of ours are quite excited about school! I kinda feel like I am "playing school" like I did when I was little! HA! I have spent HOURS and HOURS and HOURS working through all that is homeschooling...it is a lot of work, but so worth it. I am excited beyond what I can really convey here in this blog post!
Well, I must leave with this photo...and tomorrow I will probably relay what we are studying and some resources we are using. :0
And one more thing..this is very serious. Good friends of ours had to surrender a little foster boy of theirs that they have cared for since he was about 6 months old. He is now past 4. They surrendered him on Friday, and that was so very heavy all day in my heart. Besides being wonderful foster parents to him, Matt and Amy recently adopted two other of their foster children this summer. And these other children were attached to the little boy as well. Please pray for Matt and Amy, Justin and Jameeka, and their extended family as well. Rich told me...it's like what if we had to go drop Buddy off somewhere forever. Yikes....makes you think. This little boy was their son...they will continue to love him and pray for him, I know. It's heartbreaking and not something we can comprehend and understand. The pain is so very very very real. Please keep them in your prayers.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Feeling God is good!
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 1:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I love your positive attitude!
What rewarding moments I spent reading what you wrote. God is blessing you and yours...I am excited for you.
LTTS
You have much to celebrate it sounds like!
Post a Comment