




Last week, on one of Rich's days off, we went up to the Boardman Park for a few hours. The kids played their litte hearts out....including biking, scooter-ing, tennis, and who knows what else! We also had packed lunches to eat. Will David completely loved the baby swings, as you can see! I love these pics...you can really see how he looks like me!!!!!!!! ;0
Today was a busy day- we had a check up for WD and the kids and I have been doing various other things- a craft project, cleaning (kinda) in the basement, homeschool research, phone calls to be made....and we squeezed in a walk somewhere too. Right now, we're just waiting for Rich to get home from a slightly later shift. Then I suppose out the door they go to play. And down to the "dungeon" I go to rid, sort, and organizes. Sigh....that is soooo not a fun job.
Here is something really interesting I found while googling for things...I am trying to locate some things to help teach Ella (and Philip) some map reading skills...it's called Letterboxing. Here's the gist (of what I can figure out). You make a rubber stamp (they give you directions). You stamp/sign a book you make/buy for this project. You place that stamped book inside a waterproof box, and then hide that box somewhere. Make directions..and spread the word for people to go treasure-hunting for your box! I honestly think this is a super fun thing for kids to do, and I plan on doing this NEXT week when we START OUR HOMESCHOOLING!!!!
If you are interested for more info, here are some other sites (I haven't looked at them yet myself, but here you go anyways....)
http://www.imcpl.org/kids/blog/?p=119
http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/Stories/PeoplePlaces/Letterboxing
http://kids.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Letterboxing
ps...don't know why i have two different colors here sorry!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Swing time...
Posted by Sweet Peripety at 5:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Well, first: yesterdays's pic (or the one before this day) is hilarious!! And I am almost speechless with WD and the swing...so fun to see the different angles for the face shots. I know what you mean about BASEMENT dungeon...it will eventually begone.."Begone, ye dungeon!" Looking forward to tomorrow ...LTTS
Cute photos! I used to live in a dungeon too... in high school, my room did not have any windows (that side of the house was underground), and that's what my family called it. I liked it when I went to sleep. So nice and dark. :)
And how can you say "no more" to faces like this?! I got your baby comment forever ago and kept meaning to let you know I do understand!
Your kids and your pictures are always great!
Rich has some muscles - gee!
Post a Comment