Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's late again!!!

but I am in the mindframe to blog, so if I am..I suppose I should take advantage. The time took off when I got home from my night out with WD and my friend, Beth. I started to clean up a bit around the house and then..poof! It's after 11 pm! Yikes!
How's come I think better at night anymore? Shouldn't I be able to do this stuff during the morning or something? Sigh....

Well, we filled up our day again today. Lately, we are just busy. Busy meeting friends/family, going to store, preparing for homeschooling next week, trying to rid/clean rooms, and just enjoying the summer, inside and outside. And soccer. ;0

This morning we went to our new friends' house here in Salem, just a hop, skip, and jump away from our street. The family has three children, just like us, and they played so well together. That makes ME HAPPY! I had fun chatting with their mom. All around, a great morning! Then, after getting McDonald's happy meals (for the toys...haha..) we went back home and then out once more to the store. I picked up some better face cleanser and makeup. Really....I feel my age. I am approaching a certain number..and I feel like my skin has been neglected. I used the new stuff tonight, one in particular- the mask, and it REALLY seemed to make my face smoother, and it feels great too. Anyways, a little special treat for myself.

At the very end of our store trip, WD started to cry. He had awoken from his little nap, and someone else had been talking to him, and he just did not like that. He is such a mamma's boy right now. We toted him in the cart, out the doors, crying..poor thing...he really doesn't cry a lot, but lately (teeth being the culprit) he's doing a bit more of it, and it is NOT like him at all. He is a naturally good natured little fellow..and it is so endearing.

After we got home, I had to put groceries away as fast as I could, being said baby didn't like not being held by mommy, and then make dinner. For..shortly after 5 I would be going to pick up my friend so we could go enjoy something like tea, etc...I was a little late, being trying to cram as much as possible before I left. WD did fantastically well for being out and about. We stopped at Barnes and Noble for our drinks (tea, and tea..LOL), some browsing, and then headed to Target, the store where you go in to just look and come out wondering how the stuff in the bag jumped in your cart. One thing to note....and Beth can testify..I need to be a bit more organized with my purse ;0

Okay, so onto what was next...a stop in at my parents' house right after I dropped Beth off at her house. WD charmed my mom and dad of course..and he also managed to get up the couple steps between the living room and kitchen, pulled the kitty's hair and tail, and conducted a symphony. Apparently..he is a real music lover. And was practicing his gross motor skills by waving his arms and hands after my dad put on some classical music. ;0 That was cute..sweet..and a wonderful moment to share.

I have the best kids..they both told me several times today I was the best mom in the whole world. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so here is a goofy pic to share of Philip and Rich the other day..enjoy!

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

I LOVE that picture! Haha!

Elizabeth said...

I laughed out loud!
GREAT PHOTO!!

liz mataraza said...

what a great pic! i'll bet you guys have tons of fun...and you are the best mom in the world!